Our vision is to create the educational and social experiences that our pupils need to overcome any barriers to engagement and afford them the opportunity to become successful learners. We will promote our ambitions within a framework of a caring, supportive and structured environment. We will secure the circumstances within which our pupils will be helped to develop their individual potential for growth, self-worth and exercise their capacity to demonstrate choice and responsibility in all aspects of their lives. Our trust will secure the expectation of high quality teaching and learning environments within which there are no limits to ambition.
The time that children spend in schools should feature as an enjoyable and rewarding part of their lives. The experience that we provide within school should enable all of our children as individuals to develop the skills, confidence, resilience and resourcefulness they need to thrive and succeed as young people and become purposeful citizens in the future within their own communities.
We want all of our pupils to engage as learners within a climate of high expectation where failure is not an option. We will provide them with challenges and opportunities within a personalised learning agenda that will enable them to realise the ambitions that they should hold for themselves and that we hold for them.
We aspire to deliver learning within an inspiring environment, rich in learning resources supported by highly qualified, experienced and determined staff who recognise and cultivate the best within every one of our children. As teachers and parents, staff within our schools expect the very best in education for our own children. This therefore is the very least that we expect to provide for the children who attend our schools within our communities.
Our trust is founded on a straightforward moral imperative. We seek to support school improvement across our organisation in order to ensure that all learners within our Academies are in receipt of the best possible educational services that can be provided within the scope of our available resources. The majority of pupils that we work with will have experienced significant challenges during their time in education. Our purpose is to ensure that every child for whom we hold responsibility has access to the highest possible standards of teaching and learning, supported by strong staff teams equipped with outstanding resources. Our core aim will be to deliver remarkable and memorable learning experiences that the pupils will value and benefit from now, as they progress into lifelong learning and the potential of a lifetime of fruitful employment.
Making a difference
The Westbury Woodlands Federation had a short but proud history to reflect upon. We demonstrated an outstanding capacity to respond to challenging circumstances both within and beyond our own organisation. We have shown that we have the professional skills and determination to overcome such challenges and bring about sustained improvements in school performance.
- To aspire to outstanding judgements within OFSTED in the future.
- To provide outstanding outcomes for all of our learners within a framework of personalised learning and secure lifelong opportunities for personal growth and development.
- To promote a positive view of education within Nottingham City and beyond and ensure that pupils that we serve within our communities enjoy and benefit from their education and prosper as adults.
- To contribute to the agenda of system leadership within education and to embrace the challenges that this will present.
Our clear intention is and will remain the determination to make a difference to the learning and life chances of the children for whom we provide an education. As a federation of schools we have been clear in our ambition to be recognised as an inclusive organisation who look upon the individual needs of young people in order to improve their current and future life chances. As a Multi Academy Trust we intend to mirror those underlying principles in order that they are reflected in future work.
- We understand our communities and the challenges that we face within the city of Nottingham.
- We recognise that for our city to prosper in the future it will need to benefit from a well-educated local population who are able to make a purposeful contribution to its future as a community.
- We will provide the highest possible standards of teaching and learning across our organisation in order to secure the life chances for all of our learners.
- We will develop our workforce in order to ensure that they are able to provide the highest standards that we aspire to across our Academy and work closely with our Trust in order to secure our collective ambitions for the future.
- We will engage with the parents and carers of our pupils as partners within their children’s education.
- We believe that all children have an entitlement to an outstanding educational experience.
- The clear high standards that we already expect within our organisation are the same standards that we will promote within any future partnerships.
- Effective education is not the product of chance. It is the result of determined, relentless and dogged hard work in order to achieve the ambition we hold for our children and learners and our staff as an outstanding professional group.
- Education is not a rehearsal for our children. We will rightly be measured by our performance and leaders and our Trust Board will be held to account.
- We will have an unrelenting focus upon school improvement.
- We will secure a personalised learning agenda for all of our pupils in order to ensure that they are able to realise their individual ambitions for the future.
- We will work with parents and carers as partners within their child’s education.
We will develop collaborative partners within our communities in order to secure the highest possible standards of education for all of our pupils.
Raleigh Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The safety and wellbeing of our pupils is of paramount importance
- The Trust aims to create and maintain a safe environment
- We will manage situations should child welfare concerns arise
- We aim to create an atmosphere of trust in which pupils feel confident to confide any concerns
- We will help young people to understand the difference between acceptable and non- acceptable behaviour
- We will teach pupils to stay safe from harm