Good and Outstanding education for our children
Trustees recognise that all our academies are on their own improvement journey, whether that be to secure a good standard of education or the ‘gold standard’ to be outstanding in all that we do.
Our Principals are relentless in their determination to drive school improvement and unwavering in their expectation that ‘less than good, is not good enough’.
Working from detailed improvement plans, each Principal holds three overarching strategic objectives to secure at least good outcomes.
Ambleside Academy strategic objectives to achieve good and sustained outcomes over time
1. Progress of all pupils and all groups across the school in Reading, Writing and mathematics (RWM) is consistently good or better
2. The quality of teaching and learning is consistently good throughout school
3. A broad and balanced curriculum contributes to pupils’ behaviour and welfare and SMSC development and provides opportunities for pupils to develop their RWM skills across a variety of subjects
Woodlands Academy strategic objectives to achieve good and sustained outcomes over time
1. All teaching is consistently good or better.
2. Curriculum robustly challenging for SLDL cohort (appropriate differentiation / assessment / progression).
3. All staff have an appropriate in depth understanding of vision / data / strategy appropriate to their in the Academy and be able to confidently articulate that knowledge.
Westbury Academy strategic objectives to achieve good and sustained outcomes over time
1. Assessment policy consistently embedded across the Academy.
2. Widen accountability and contribution of Middle Leadership Team (MLT)
3. Strengthen the continuous cycle of professional development for new and developing staff.
Denewood Academy strategic objectives to achieve good and sustained outcomes over time
1. The new curriculum is organised to deepen learning whilst maintain breadth and balance to support reengagement with mainstream education.
2. Improve school engagement for children who have been emotionally thrown off track, through improved understanding of their behaviour and sharply targeted strategies and activities
3. All teaching is consistently good or better.
Unity Academy strategic objectives to achieve good and sustained outcomes over time
1. Develop collaborative approach to curriculum development and consistency with core alternative provider group to support assessment, reporting, resource sharing, pupil movement and outcomes.
2. Implement an improved Service Level Agreement (SLA) for alternative providers with the local authority to ensure pupil attendance and engagement is a limiting factor within the AP referral landscape.
3. Implement termly reviews with providers to ensure all pupils are accessing courses that are relevant, transferrable and challenging by giving due consideration to prior attainment.